Japanese Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme Medical
Travel Klinix offers a full Medical. This consists of the following:
- A full medical examination –This will be performed by a doctor or nurse. We cannot guarantee either a male or a female doctor/nurse, however, you have the right to have a chaperone present during the examination.
- These consist of a urine test and either a chest X-ray or a TB blood test (IGRA- ‘Quantiferon’) This will be performed at the same time as your medical examination and it may be performed by either a doctor or a nurse.
- If you choose to have a chest X-ray. This will be performed at:
Spire Parkway Hospital,
1 Damson and Parkway Solihull,
Telephone number: (0845) 850 1451
You will be asked to make an appointment. Their opening times are 9 AM to 7 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 12 PM on Saturdays. You do not need to pay anything to Spire, as Travel Klinix covers this cost.
The full assessment takes between 1 hour and 1 hour 15 minutes.
Please allow seven working days to receive your certificate after your initial medical examination. (We will have to wait three to five working days for the results of the blood tests or chest X-ray and only after receiving these results are we able to issue a medical certificate.)
The cost of the JET Medical is £250, inclusive of all initial tests.
Preparing for the Medical Examination
You should complete your personal details on the medical form, a copy of which you can obtain here: Certificate of Health and bring it with you to the examination.
Please also complete a Travel Klinix Travel Risk Assessment form to bring with you to your Visa Medical appointment.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing
- You do not need to fast for the blood test
- If you wear glasses please bring them with you
- Please bring identification with you. Either a photocard driving licence or passport
We hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any further questions: telephone (024) 7601 6519 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.