Chinese Employment Visa Medical
Travel Klinix offers a full Chinese Employment Visa medical. This consists of the following:
- A full medical examination – some of which is intimate – is a Visa requirement. This will be performed by a doctor. We cannot guarantee either a male or a female doctor, however, you have the right to have a chaperone present during the examination.
- Blood tests. These consist of the following: HIV, Syphilis, Liver function tests, Hepatitis B serology and Blood group. This will be performed at the same time as your medical examination. This may be performed by either a doctor or a nurse.
- ECG. As with the blood tests, this will be performed at the same time as your medical examination. This may be performed by either a doctor or a nurse.
- Chest X-ray. This will be performed at:
Spire Parkway Hospital,
1 Damson and Parkway Solihull,
Telephone number: (0845) 850 1451
PLEASE NOTE THIS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND AN ALTERNATIVE PROVIDER FOR THE CHEST X-RAY MAY SUBSTITUTE
You will be asked to make an appointment. Their opening times are 9 AM to 7 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 12 PM on Saturdays. You do not need to pay anything to Spire, as Travel Klinix covers this cost.
The full assessment takes between an hour to an hour and 15 minutes.
Please allow seven working days to receive your certificate after your initial medical examination. (We will have to wait three to five working days for the results of the blood tests and chest X-ray and only after receiving these results are we able to issue a medical certificate.)
A medical is £443, inclusive of all tests. (This is subject to the x-ray being performed at the Spire Parkway Hospital. Other hospitals can be arranged at an additional cost.)
Preparing for the Medical Examination
You should complete your personal details on the medical form a copy of which you can obtain here: China Visa Report Form and bring it with you to the examination.
Please also complete a Travel Klinix Travel Risk Assessment form to bring with you to your Visa Medical appointment.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing
- Please bring a passport-sized photograph
- You do not need to fast for the blood test
- Please bring identification with you. Either a photocard driving licence or passport
- If you wear glasses please bring them with you
We hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any further questions: telephone (024) 7601 6519 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.