Travel Klinix offers a full British Virgin Islands Visa Medical. This consists of the following:
- A full medical examination – some of which is intimate (ie external inspection of the external genitalia) – is a Visa requirement. This will be performed by a doctor. We cannot guarantee either a male or a female doctor, however, you have the right to have a chaperone present during the examination.
- Laboratory tests. These consist of the following:
- Blood tests consisting of a Full blood count and Biochemistry. These will be performed at the same time as your medical examination and may be performed by either a doctor or a nurse.
- A Chest X-ray. This will be performed at:
Spire Parkway Hospital,
1 Damson and Parkway Solihull,
Telephone number: (0845) 850 1451
You will be asked to make an appointment. Their opening times are 9 AM to 7 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 12 PM on Saturdays.
The British Virgin Islands Visa Medical – Timeframe
The full assessment takes between 1 hour and 1 hour 15 minutes.
Please allow seven working days to receive your certificate after your initial Medical examination. (We will have to wait three to five working days for the results of the blood tests and chest X-ray and only after receiving these results are we able to issue a medical certificate)
The cost of the Visa Medical is £350, inclusive of all initial stated tests. Please note that any additional blood tests or investigations are charged separately.
Preparing for the British Virgin Islands Visa Medical Examination
You should complete your personal details on the visa medical form and bring this with you to the medical examination.
The visa medical form can also be downloaded on the BVI authorities website. You will also need to complete a Travel Klinix Risk Assessment form to bring with you to your British Virgin Islands Visa Medical appointment.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing
- You do not need to fast for the blood test
- If you wear glasses please bring them with you
- Please bring identification with you. Either a photo-card driving licence or passport
We hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any further questions: telephone (024) 7601 6519 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.