British Virgin Islands Medical
Travel Klinix offers a full British Virgin Islands Medical. This consists of the following:
- A full medical examination – some of which is intimate (ie external inspection of the external genitalia) – is a Visa requirement. This will be performed by a doctor. We cannot guarantee either a male or a female doctor, however, you have the right to have a chaperone present during the examination.
- Laboratory tests. These consist of the following: Syphilis, TB blood test (IGRA- ‘Quantiferon’) and stool examination. This will be performed at the same time as your medical examination and may be performed by either a doctor or a nurse.
- If the TB blood test is positive then you will proceed to further blood tests and a Chest X-ray. This will be performed at:
Spire Parkway Hospital,
1 Damson and Parkway Solihull,
Telephone number: (0845) 850 1451
You will be asked to make an appointment. Their opening times are 9 AM to 7 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 12 PM on Saturdays. This cost is additional.
The full assessment takes between 1 hour and 1 hour 15 minutes.
Please allow seven working days to receive your certificate after your initial medical examination. (We will have to wait three to five working days for the results of the blood tests and chest X-ray and only after receiving these results are we able to issue a medical certificate.)
The cost of the British Virgin Islands Medical is £350, inclusive of all initial tests. Please note the Chest x-ray and any additional blood tests are charged separately.
Preparing for the Medical Examination
You should complete your personal details on the medical form assigned to you by the BVI authorities and bring it with you to the examination. Alternative forms will not be accepted.
Please also complete a Travel Klinix Travel Risk Assessment form to bring with you to your Visa Medical appointment.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing
- You do not need to fast for the blood test
- If you wear glasses please bring them with you
- Please bring identification with you. Either a photocard driving licence or passport
We hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any further questions: telephone (024) 7601 6519 or email us at email@example.com.